Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt starrer Badrinath Ki Dulhania was released on 10 March 2017. Directed by Shashank Khaitan and produced by Karan Johar, BKD is a sequel to 2014 super hit movie ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’. After four weeks of a successful run, the movie is out of most of the theaters and is expected to wrap up its Box Office journey by the end of this week. Let’s have a detailed look at Badrinath Ki Dulhania lifetime collection and Box Office verdict.
Badrinath Ki Dulhania Total Box Office Collection: Highlights
First Day Collection: 12.25 crores
First Weekend Collection: 43.05 crores
First Week Collection: 73.66 crores
Second Week Collection: 27.2 crores
Badrinath Ki Dulhania Lifetime collection: 116 crores (Domestic)
Badrinath Ki Dulhania Lifetime collection (Overseas): $5.4 M (36.5 crores)
Total Collection: Budget, Revenue and Profit/Loss
Cost and recovery
Production Cost: 30 crores
Prints and Publicity Cost: 15 crores
Total Costs to Recover for Producers/Distributors: 45 crores
India Theatrical Distributor Share (A): 52.2 crores (45% of nett domestic collection)
Overseas Distributor Share: 14.6 crores (40% of overseas collection)
Satellite Rights: 22 crores (To Colors as a part of packaged deal)
Music, Digital and other rights: 15 crores (Expected)
For producers/distributors = (52.2+14.6+22+15) – (45) = 58.8 crores (Profit)
Badrinath Ki Dulhania Lifetime Collection and Verdict
Nett worldwide Box office collection: 116 crores + 36.5 crores = 152.5 crores
Gross worldwide Box office collection: 166.5 crores + 36.5 crores = 203 crores
Final Verdict: Super Hit (Profitable for producers and distributors)
Badrinath Ki Dulhania Lifetime Collection And Box Office Verdict: Highlights
- It is currently the third highest grosser of 2017. Raees and Jolly LLB are the top grossers with the lifetime collection of 138 crores and 117 crores respectively. BKD may beat Jolly LLB 2’s lifetime numbers.
- Third highest opening day grosser of 2017 behind Raees (20.3 crores) and Jolly LLB 2 (13.2 crores).
- Third highest opening weekend grosser of 2017 behind Raees (59.83 crores) and Jolly LLB 2 (50.46 crores).
- Fourth highest opening week grosser of 2017 behind Raees (109.01 crores), Kaabil (79.6 crores) and Jolly LLB 2 (77.71 crores).
- BKD is Varun Dhawan’s top grosser followed by ABCD 2 (106 crores). We are not considering Dilwale as SRK was a lead actor in it.
- BKD is also Alia Bhatt’s top grossers followed by 2 States (104 crores).
Box Office Verdict Of Other Bollywood Movies Of 2017