Bollywood is going through a bad phase. Forget big opening, most movies released in last 3 to 4 months have struggled to get even a decent opening at the box office. Except for Baadshaho and Toilet: Ek Prem Katha, no movie has even earned 5 Crore on the first day. This trend is expected to continue this week as Sanjay Dutt’s comeback film Bhoomi is all set to clash with Shraddha Kapoor’s hard-hitting drama Haseena Parkar. Both films have struggled to keep the momentum going. Let’s have a look at Haseena Parkar and Bhoomi box office prediction.
Bhoomi Box Office Prediction
Sanjay Dutt is making a comeback after a long gap of 3 years. The last film that he starred in was Aamir Khan’s PK. However, as the main lead, his last film was Policegiri, which was released in 2013. Bhoomi is an ideal film for Sanjay to make a strong comeback. But the fact remains that he has lost his stardom in the last 10 years. His last solo hit was Lage Raho Munnabhai, way back in 2006.
Bhoomi is directed by Omung Kumar who has good movies like Mary Kom and Sarbjit to his credit. While Mary Kom was a hit, Sarbjit despite being a decent film was a flop at the box office. (Read: Bhoomi Movie Details)
Now, the question is, will Bhoomi emerge as a hit at the box office. Well, the answer is no. The movie has just one week as Judwaa 2 is releasing next Friday. Secondly, the buzz is not strong to post good opening day numbers. Here’s is our box office prediction for Bhoomi:
- Opening Day: 3 to 3.5 crores
- Opening Weekend: 13 to 15 crores
- Lifetime Collection: 22 to 25 crores
- Box Office Verdict: Flop
Haseena Parkar Box Office Prediction
Shraddha Kapoor is changing her image of a bubbly girl and stepping into a hard-hitting mode with Haseena Parkar. The film is a biopic on Haseena Parkar, sister of most wanted criminal Dawood Ibrahim. The film will struggle at the box office as it has lots of issues:
- Milan Luthria’s track record as a director is poor. Out of six movies, he has directed, five have been flop or disaster.
- Shraddha Kapoor is known for her bubbly, youthful and cute look. His fans are definitely not prepared to see her in a hard-hitting role. (Read: Haseena Parkar Movie Details)
- The audience has almost zero interest in the film as the reasons are well known to everyone.
Considering all these factors, let’s have a look at Haseena Parkar box office prediction.
- Opening Day: 2.5 crores to 3 crores
- Opening Weekend: 10 to 12 crores
- Lifetime Collections: 17 to 18 crore
- Box Office Verdict: Flop
What are your expectations from Haseena Parkar and Bhoomi? Share your views with us. You can also write Haseena Parkar and Bhoomi box office prediction in the comments section.