Tiger Zinda Hai Box Office Prediction: Salman Khan’s film is all set for an earth shattering opening, will become one of the top Bollywood grossers of all time.
After the failure of his Eid release Tubelight, Salman Khan is all set to make it big with his upcoming movie Tiger Zinda Hai. It is a sequel to 2012 blockbuster action thriller film Ek Tha Tiger. It has become the most awaited movie of the year especially when biggies like Tubelight, Jab Harry Met Sejal have failed terribly at the box office. It hasn’t been a good year for big budget movies and the industry would be hoping for a turnaround with Tiger Zinda Hai. Going by the trailer, we can easily say that it has a potential to emerge as the biggest hit of the year. Let’s have a detailed look at Tiger Zinda Hai box office prediction:
Tiger Zinda Hai Box Office Prediction: Positives & Negatives
- Mind-blowing trailer: The trailer of the movie is amazing. The movie seems to have every element of a potential blockbuster.
- Amazing action sequences: Action sequences in the movie are simply amazing, something we haven’t seen before in the Bollywood movies.
- Salman Khan is in top form: Despite the failure of his last release, Salman Khan is at the top of his game. He has a huge fan following behind him to support the movie from the first day itself.
- Huge buzz: Tiger Zinda Hai is the most awaited film of the year. Fans are super excited to see Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif in the full on action avatar.
- Release date: The makers couldn’t have asked for a better releases date as the film will enjoy 4 days extended weekend. There is an advantage of new year holidays from the second week.
- Sequel to a blockbuster film: Tiger Zinda Hai is a sequel to 2012 blockbuster Ek Tha Tiger. When released in 2012, Ek Tha Tiger recorded the highest opening day of that time. It earned 32.92 crores with almost 100% occupancy.
- Tiger Zinda Hai looks like a serious content-driven action film. Sometimes these kind of films backfire because the Indian audience is used to some humor and romance. Let’s hope this will not be a case with this film.
- Some Hindu organization may create problems on film’s screening.
Tiger Zinda Hai Box Office Prediction: Opening And Lifetime Collection
Salman Khan is an action avatar is something which will definitely work at the box office. TZH is releasing on 22 Dec 2017 and with Christmas falling on Monday, the movie has a big huge advantage on an extended weekend. Tiger Zinda Hai has a potential to shatter all box office records and emerge as highest grossing movie of Bollywood.
It will take one of the biggest openings of all time and probably the biggest of 2017. We are expecting the movie to earn at least 35 crores on the opening day. It is too early to predict the lifetime collections. Still, we are assured that the film will easily cross 250 crores and will be among the top 5 Bollywood grossers of all time.
As the expectations are huge, anything below 300 crores will be a dissatisfying number for producers and exhibitors. Now, let’s have a look at opening day and lifetime collection prediction of Tiger Zinda hai based on the word of mouth of the movie.
Tiger Zinda Hai Box Office Prediction: 35+ crores (Opening Day)
If the word of mouth turns out positive
First Weekend Collection: 150 to 155 crores
First Week Collection: More than 230 crores
Lifetime Collection: 350+ crores
Verdict: Blockbuster or ATBB
If the word of mouth turns out mixed
First Weekend Collection: 135 to 150 crores
First Week Collection: More than 200 crores
Lifetime Collection: 250+ crores
Verdict: Super Hit
If the word of mouth turns out negative
First Weekend Collection: 110 to 130 crores
First Week Collection: More than 150 crores
Lifetime Collection: 180+ crores
Two out of Salman Khan’s last four movies have crossed 300 crores at the domestic box office. Tiger Zinda Hai is the biggest movie of Salman Khan’s career. It will release on 4000+ screens. The buzz surrounding it is high. 300 crores is a bare minimum it number, the producers and trade experts would be hoping for.
Tiger Zinda Hai Box Office Prediction and Economics
TZH is one of the most expensive films of Bollywood. The budget of the movie is around 140 crores and that to excluding Salman Khan’s fees. The movie needs to earn 200+ crores to be in a safe zone. Here’s a look at the box office economics:
|Verdict||Domestic Collection (INR)|
|All-Time Blockbuster||370 crore|
|Super Hit||270 crore|
|Flop||Less than 160 crore|
|Disaster||Less than 120 crore|
Note: We have compiled this early prediction report on the basis of factors like budget, star cast and trade buzz.
What are your expectations from Tiger Zinda Hai? Share your predictions with us in the comments section.